The number of downloads of version 4 of my PowerShell Management Agent for FIM 2010 has just passed 300. And with that number of downloads from more than 20 different countries, this MA seems more popular than ever. It's being used extensively for all different purposes and is extremely popular for handling Office 365 users/licenses. So the need for this flexible type of MA is very clear.
Also, I get tons of support requests from all over the world asking me for help on writing PowerShell scripts for the MA or even for general help on using and configuring FIM. I usually refer most of these to the FIM 2010 forums where I'm happy to see that different people are very happy to help and give good advice and support for using the MA.
I want to keep expanding on the functionalities of this powerful Management Agent as needs arise and as FIM and the ECMA2 framework evolves. Now, I've already had a some great feature requests but I do want more.
I want your five centsI'm currently working on the next version which will be out this spring. It will have the following enhancements -
- Support for password change/sets (thereby supporting password synchronization / PCNS)
- Support for custom error message returned to the Sync Engine
- Flexibility on the type of object passed to the Export script (allowing for simpler export objects in the export script)
- Generally, utilizing the new features of the ECMA2 framework that is introduced with Service Pack 1 for FIM 2010 R2
- A few other hidden gems to be revealed later...
I'm open to your ideas and requests, so drop me an email with your ideas or even better yet, share your ideas as comments here on this blogpost, and I'll be sure to pick them up.
Thank you very much for your support.