This version is a code-refresh with a few bug fixes and a few additional minor features and I'll try to list them below -
- The setup program is gone and has been replaced by a PowerShell script. This should allow you to better control updates. The steps performed by this installation script are exactly the same as the old setup program did
- The entire logging feature has been replace by tracing. This means that you can now use DebugView from SysInternals / Microsoft or similar to view actions from this MA. The old logging mechanism is no longer included and has been removed from the MA. The information logged by the MA has also been reviewed and extended to allow better debugging.
- All errors from the PSMA are now logged to the event log. This does, however, require that you create an explict event log source. You can see in the Installation documentation how to create this.
- A parameter called 'ExportType' is now available to your export scripts. This allows you to determine in the Export script, whether it is a normal (Delta) or a Full Export that is being performed.
- A potential, however unlikely, looping condition in the import function has been fixed and also better memory handling / cleanup has been introduced.
- General optimization of the code has been done.
This version should be directly compatible with the 188.8.131.525 build that has been out for more than a year. To upgrade, you should be able to download and just replace the DLL in the Extensions folder of your FIM Synchronization Service installation.
As always, I'm very thrilled that this MA is so popular and I want to keep it as current as possible, so please send me information on any bugs that you may find. However, I ask you kindly to not expect free support. For support questions, please use the FIM2010 forum on TechNet where I know that a lot of experts are ready to help and, yes, I do answer questions there whenever time allows.
Thank you for your continued support.